Are Missing Teeth Holding You Back From Smiling?
If you’re embarrassed over damaged or missing teeth, you’re in good company. Over 100 million American adults are missing teeth.
A dental implant is a small, sturdy post that is made of titanium. During a surgical procedure, your dentist will install the post into your jaw bone, allowing the bone tissue to grow in around your implant. After it has a solid attachment to your bones, the implant forms a foundation for crowns, over-dentures, or bridges.
This procedure is safe for most healthy people. If you are a heavy smoker or have heart disease or diabetes, you will need to undergo a more stringent evaluation.
Benefits of Implants
Dental implants benefit you for several reasons, like:
- Reducing wrinkles on your face, giving you a younger appearance.
- Refining your bite, improving chewing, eating and talking.
- Replacing missing teeth naturally and attaching to living bone for that real tooth feel.
- Improving appearance and self-confidence.
- Providing a lifetime solution to dental problems.
- Securing dentures to provide a pleasant fit.
- Providing support for bridges and crowns.
- Providing an alternative to dentures without the hassle of denture glues and pastes.
Types of Implants
We offer three different types of implants. Click on each to learn more:
Find more information regarding gum disease, a leading cause of tooth loss. If you suffer from gum disease, it may be a good idea for you to meet with our in-house periodontist, a dentist who specializes in gum health.